I have 4c hair and I have tried so many products. But this is what I use and I am going to continue to use unless I hear mind blowing reviews. Side note when I get lazy or want to straighten my hair I wear wigs, weaves, and braids.
2. I have gray hair all in the front of my head and I am only 36 so they must go. I have always used color because I started getting gray hair around 2-3 years ago but I have been told that dyes can really be damaging so I started off using dye from Wholefoods now I love using the Shea Moisture Color System because it stays longer. I use two different colors and after coloring my hair for the 3rd time I finally got my desired color.
3. Trader Joes Tea Tree Shampoo was a random buy but I love this shampoo. I only use it once a month but when I do use it my curls are poppin. If I have a planned event or special occasion know that I washed with this shampoo the day before.
4. Deva Curl No Poo its not that amazing to me but I only use this once in a while because I cowash all the time. It is a product I only use when I don't want to shampoo my hair or if I used too much gel. I do not use it enough to love it if that makes sense.
5. Deva Curl One Condition is a true love. It works on all my girls' hair and my hair. I use it everyday, even on weaves.
6. This Shea Moisture Hair Masque , Community Commerce Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque is the ONLY hair masque that actually gives me a deep condition treatment. My youngest who has 3a-c hair texture can use just about any deep condition treatment, however my hair demands deep moisture and this gives it like no other. They only sell this particular hair masque at Target which sucks but I love it.
7. When I do a deep conditioning treatment which is about 2x a month I sit for 45 minutes with this wrap on. Its safe, quiet, easy, and I can walk around, cook and clean with it on my head. It is almost like a very warm towel and it really does work.
For styling to tell you the truth I am still on the hunt for the perfect product until then I use: 1. Eco Styler Gel this is the only gel that holds my 4c hair. I use it for edge control, wash n gos, twist outs. I just hate flaking. It flakes if I decide to just move my hair from wearing down to a puff, or topknot. I have to wash my hair the next two days after using this product. 2. Curls Blueberry Bliss Twist n Shout is amazing. It gives so much shine and is so moisturizing. I love it but I do have to add some gel to make my twist outs last longer but I am ok with that because it works really well, especially in the winter. 3. Hicks Edge Control is another love and hate product. It works really well compared to other edge controls that I have used but again I do not like flakes, cakey products, or white residue. It gives that after a few days. I use it on topknots, and cornrows. When I lay down my edges I put this down first and then I put Eco Styler on top. The Eco Styler really lays down my edges but with the Hicks under it it flakes less. 4. Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle I love. And I know you really do not hear this about this product in the natural hair community but it is the only gel that does not flake, it gives shine, it is easy to wash out and does what I want it to do consistently. The only problem is that it does not hold like the Eco Styler but that is fine with me and sometimes it can feel to moisturizing when you apply too much for a wash n go but that goes away after a few days. 5. Toppik is on my list because I have alopecia. If you look at the picture above you can see some hair less spots around my front. For the most part I use this after every wash and I have 4 spots that I have to use it for. It works, easy to use, and last me for almost a year. Fyi I use dark brown before and after my color change.
Any questions please feel free to ask I have been natural off and on since 1997.